Before we meet for our first class there are few things you should try at home to get started.
- Download and install R on your computer. This is the R website https://www.r-project.org
- Download and install R-studio. You must download and install R first before installing R-studio. The R-studio website is https://www.rstudio.com
This semester students will be submitting their work as github repositories. Follow these steps to test the github pipeline to make sure it is working:
- Create a new R project (initialize with git)
- Create a new R Markdown document
- Publish the R project folder on Github.com
- Make commits and demonstrate that your local changes are reflected on github.com
A quick attempt to explain why I think it is totally worth it to learn R for data-analysis, and for psychologists in general.